5 most common types of violations:
- Failing underage compliance checks (16 individual citations, 7 business citations).
- Recordkeeping/METRC compliance issues (22 citations).
- Inadequate camera coverage or inadequate security for recording devices (18 citations).
- Failing to disclose all owners or financial interests (5 citations).
- Failing to ensure employees wore badges (5 citations).
Other categories of violations with about 5 citations each include: Not using RFID tags, making product transfers to marijuana businesses that were not commonly owned, improper waste disposal and recording, and not maintaining transport manifests.
Most severe types of violations:
- Undisclosed ownership interests (almost always results in revocation of all licenses and restrictions on future ownership or licensing).
- Operating without a license (small or no fine, usually results in license revocation and restrictions on future ownership or licensing).
- Butane processing without proper equipment or permits (two incidents, one resulted in license revocation, the other resulted in a $100,000 fine).
- Diversion of product (wide range in severity of consequences, deliberate diversion results in license revocation and/or fines up to $150,000).
- Deliberately lying to the MED (There were two instance, both of which involved numerous other violations. Both resulted in a fine and license revocation. One was $50,000, one was $21,000).
Listen to commentary on the Marijuana Podcast for more!